Monday, March 21, 2011

Vaghn, NM to White Sands to Fabens, TX

Left the little town of Vaghn today to travel to the White Sands National Monument. White Sands was amazing. Please see my next post for info on White Sands. After White Sands we continued onward and made it into Texas. I am having an amazing time seeing the country and taking photos at 70 miles per hour. I am finding it a lot of fun to shoot more abstract pictures which I have provided below. Finding that the last two hours of daylight as the sun sets is one of my most enjoyable times to take photos. Lucky for me Alex is liking to drive in the evenings.

We are passing some amazing crops throughout our drives. These trees just captivated me with their amazing line quality and with the sun lowering in the background.

The mountain ranges are creating the most interesting lines.

Enjoying seeing of light passing through the clouds.


Repetitive shapes of a simple wood fence are just beautiful.


Chains hanging below a semi truck we are passing. Both of us are traveling more then 65 mph.


I am really liking to take photos of windmills and possibly will be creating a small series of them as we move across the country.


The little rundown towns are a joy. Old signs that are rusted and loosing paint have such a quality to them.


One of the rare sightings of green in New Mexico of a crop. The repetitive shape of the circle and line caught my eye.


Rusted old metal. So simple and yet so captivating.

This was a day full of tumbleweeds dogging both on and off the road.

Another windmill I just had to try to capture.


Welcome to Texas.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the photo of the tree with the setting sun! Way, Way Cool!

    ReplyDelete