Saturday, March 19, 2011

Flagstaff, AZ to Santa Fe, NM

Today was a car day. Lots of miles and lots of desert. The country just keeps on getting more and more beautiful. Having a great time experimenting and taking photos at 70 mph. You never know just what type of a composition you are going to get. It is a thrill. I think that is why I am liking it so much. It is pushing me to be more creative in my shots and also makes me work quicker to get the shot I want because if I do not capture it in that frame it is gone.

Something that looks so simple to drive and yet baffles me. Sorry Alex is doing all of the driving unless there is an emergency.
Still really enjoying playing with reflections. Most of the time I am taking photos from the side mirror.
Had my first camera casualty today. When I started taking pictures I noticed that my lens filter somehow broke. I have no idea how. It's ok though because I was able to get a replacement in Albuquerque at the Camera & Darkroom shop.
Enjoying also taking compositions of the trucks that I pass. Something to pass the time too.
It is also fun to see the landscape reflected in the fuel trucks and try to capture something interesting. Sometimes even our car in the process (not in this shot though).


When the sun is going down is still one of my favorite times of the day. The clouds were out to make the views even more amazing.

The moon this evening on our walk to and from dinner at a little place called Marie's.

1 comment:

  1. The last photo you posted looks like something out of Harry Potter...I thought you'd appreciate the nerdy comment...=)

    ReplyDelete